Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Show Mahara from folder in Root

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

10 May 2011, 2:26

Can you please tell me how to show my Mahara installation, which is installed in the /portfolio folder directly in root?

I thought the client wanted an introduction page so I had installed Mahara in the /portfolio folder, but now they have decided they want their domain name to go directly to Mahara.  

I am not asking how to do a domain redirect, as that will only point domain.com to the domain.com/portfolio folder, leaving the long address in the browser's address bar, instead I am asking to have domain.com show the main Mahara login page.

For example, these are the instructions I follow to do this same type of thing for WordPress... http://codex.wordpress.org/Giving_WordPress_Its_Own_Directory

10 May 2011, 7:02

Hello Anita,

You could edit the hosts file of your Apache installation and create a virtual host pointing to yourroot/mahara.

But I think the best solution is to copy all your files from your mahara folder into the root folder. You have then to edit the config.php file to give the new path to your mahara installation.

HTH

-dajan

2 results