Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Blackboard Vista Integration

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

04 December 2008, 14:26

My institution has just started using mahara and we would like to integrate it with BlackBoard Vista, but I cannot find anything on doing so anywhere can someone help?
Account deleted

04 December 2008, 15:55

There is no code to do such an integration currently, as far as I'm aware.

Mahara has one system of SSO/integration, called MNET. Blackboard has something called PowerConnectors. Someone would probably have to write a significant amount of code for either system to get them to integrate, so I guess that will only happen if an organisation funds or does the work themselves (given that blackboard is closed source, I can't see an individual developer being able to write any blackboard code...)

Account deleted

08 December 2008, 14:33

Yeah, it would be a "Powerlink" for Bb/WebCT Vista:

http://www.blackboard.com/extend/powerlinks/develop_powerlinks.htm

If no one's produced one yet I'd be surprised if someone wasn't already thinking about it. Maybe on the Bb Vista Powerlink dev network.

Account deleted

08 December 2008, 17:53

Powerlinks, that's the one I was thinking of. They have so many (R) and (tm) symbols after their names it's a surprise they're even readable Tongue out

I do know one university was looking to do this work at one point (they already had a developer license), but in the end they didn't do it. So yeah, I guess there could be someone out there thinking about it for sure. 

4 results