Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
identify a group of people

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

15 April 2011, 5:33

Hello, here is my problem. Students from 20 schools must be able to use my mahara. In order to get it easier to manage i would like to group them by schools. It's means that each student stay free but if i have to manage them i can do it by groups.

An idea could be to do a group by school, but i need that each student gets his own portfolio, not a portfolio for a group.

How can i do it ?

Thanks by advance

Mahoodle (moodle2; :mahara 1.3) moodle to mahara connected by sso

Benoit Martinet

Mary Cooch's profile picture

15 April 2011, 9:09

How about putting them in Institutions - one instititution for each school? That way your schools are separate and your students can all make their own portfolios and can connect with other students in the same school.

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

15 April 2011, 10:29

Mary:
       Correct me if I'm wrong, but my memory is that, since SSO is implemented at the Institution level in Mahara, and only one SSO Institution connection instance is possible between Moodle and Mahara, using multiple institutions wouldn't work. That's my memory. Since we have 56 schools in our district, not to mention 3-4 distinct age groupings. I remember being disappointed to discover that. We ended up making a conscious decision to include everybody in the same institution.

Benoit:
       Groups would certainly cover, but that just is an organizational structure of convenience, not a management or security structure. It doesn't really distribute management very well, at least from what I can see.

Mary Cooch's profile picture

15 April 2011, 13:15

didn't see the Mahoodle bit at the end of the OP post sorry - re-reading your post properly Benoit, groups should work as students can still make their own views etc despite being in a group (and having the facility to create group views)

4 results