Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Installation v1.3.5 empty page (W2008R2, IIS)

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

14 April 2011, 6:03

Hi,

I just tried to install mahara on Windows 2008R2 with IIS 7.5, MySQL 5.1.49, PHP 3.5
I know it's not supported, but I also have my moodle on that system, so it's worth a try...

All necessary php-extensions are active, the database is created and available and the IIS is listening on port 81 (moodle is on 80).

I also read the troubleshooting guide, but found no solution.

When I call the URL I see the welcome page with the install-button. If I click that button, I'm forwared to an empty page and the URL says: http://<servername>:81/admin/upgrade.php.

The php-log shows mainly to kinds of messages
-"Directory not empty"
-"Permission denied" ([WAR] 3c (R:\WebApps2\mahara\lib\dwoo\dwoo\Dwoo\Template\String.php:371) chmod(): Permission denied)
=>The problem is, that I allowd full control for everyone, so there shouldn't be a privilege problem

Here's a part of the logfile:

[14-Apr-2011 11:55:04] [WAR] f0 (R:\WebApps2\mahara\lib\dwoo\dwoo\Dwoo\Template\String.php:369) file_put_contents(r:\WebApps2\maharadata\dwoo/compile/default\R-/WebApps2/mahara//theme/raw/templates//admin/installgpl.tpl.d17.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied
[14-Apr-2011 11:55:04] [WAR] f0 (R:\WebApps2\mahara\lib\dwoo\dwoo\Dwoo\Template\String.php:371) chmod(): Permission denied
[14-Apr-2011 11:55:04] [WAR] f0 (R:\WebApps2\mahara\lib\dwoo\dwoo\Dwoo.php:364) include(r:\WebApps2\maharadata\dwoo/compile/default\R-/WebApps2/mahara//theme/raw/templates//admin/installgpl.tpl.d17.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied
[14-Apr-2011 11:55:04] [WAR] f0 (R:\WebApps2\mahara\lib\dwoo\dwoo\Dwoo.php:364) include(): Failed opening 'r:\WebApps2\maharadata\dwoo/compile/default\R-/WebApps2/mahara//theme/raw/templates//admin/installgpl.tpl.d17.php' for inclusion (include_path='R:\WebApps2\mahara/lib/;R:\WebApps2\mahara/lib/pear/;.;C:\php\pear')
[14-Apr-2011 11:55:04] [WAR] f0 (R:\WebApps2\mahara\lib\dwoo\dwoo\Dwoo\Template\String.php:369) file_put_contents(r:\WebApps2\maharadata\dwoo/compile/default\R-/WebApps2/mahara//theme/raw/templates//admin/installgpl.tpl.d17.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied
[14-Apr-2011 11:55:04] [WAR] f0 (R:\WebApps2\mahara\lib\dwoo\dwoo\Dwoo\Template\String.php:371) chmod(): Permission denied
[14-Apr-2011 11:55:04] [WAR] f0 (R:\WebApps2\mahara\lib\dwoo\dwoo\Dwoo.php:370) include(r:\WebApps2\maharadata\dwoo/compile/default\R-/WebApps2/mahara//theme/raw/templates//admin/installgpl.tpl.d17.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied
[14-Apr-2011 11:55:04] [WAR] f0 (R:\WebApps2\mahara\lib\dwoo\dwoo\Dwoo.php:370) include(): Failed opening 'r:\WebApps2\maharadata\dwoo/compile/default\R-/WebApps2/mahara//theme/raw/templates//admin/installgpl.tpl.d17.php' for inclusion (include_path='R:\WebApps2\mahara/lib/;R:\WebApps2\mahara/lib/pear/;.;C:\php\pear')

==>It's strange, that the path sometimes has one slash "/" and sometimes two "//"

Does anyone have an idea where to continue troubleshooting?

Thanks in advance!

Christoph

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

14 April 2011, 6:36

The reason for the "Directory not empty" errors seem to be, that php is standing in its own way...

php-cgi.exe has still open handles on some folders in the maharadata-folder that it wants to delete.
Can I fix this with some php-settings? Or webserver-settings? Or is this a bug in the code?

When the handles are gone and I reload the upgrade.php the installation works Smile

François Marier's profile picture

17 April 2011, 22:07

I have no idea if you can fix this via configuration, but it seems like it might be a bug in Mahara (forgetting to close a file before deleting it).

The problem is that this will work just fine on any UNIX system so we'll need help from Windows users to fix this one.

If you can find out more about this, please open a new bug on our tracker:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/mahara/+filebug

Cheers,

Francois

3 results