Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Getting it Up and Running

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

13 April 2011, 15:44

Hi All

Trying to install Mahara....and on looking to the mahara directory with my browser I just get a error 500 message from my system.

I have a VPS, have access to the root (using Putty)......have uploaded the files to a folder in the domain root public_html/mahara.....which is 777. Using cPanel created the database...and modified conf.php to show the data base data........the tecs at my server hosting say that my VirtualHost is set (http://www.unigaia-brasil.org/mahara)....but I get the error 500.

So, any ideas, how can I check if the server setting are right? Is there a tool that lets me see step by step what is happening and where the installation is breaking? Any usefull suggestions?

Thanks

Skye

François Marier's profile picture

13 April 2011, 21:16

Hi Skye,

You should have a look at the Apache error log, it should have more information about what's wrong on your host.

Cheers,

Francois

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

14 April 2011, 7:12

Hi Francois

The error log reads

[Thu Apr 14 08:01:59 2011] [error] [client 189.125.7.130] File does not exist: /home/unigaiab/public_html/500.shtml
[Thu Apr 14 08:01:59 2011] [alert] [client 189.125.7.130] /home/unigaiab/public_html/mahara/.htaccess: Invalid command 'php_flag', perhaps misspelled or defined by a module not included in the server configuration

Does that give some indication.......is there a module missing?

Thanks

Skye

François Marier's profile picture

17 April 2011, 22:16

Are you sure that PHP is enabled in your web server? If so, what version of PHP is it?

You could try deleting the offending file to see if it helps:

/home/unigaiab/public_html/mahara/.htaccess

and then restarting the web server.

Cheers,

Francois

4 results