Forums | Mahara Translation

Translations /
Evaluation of the Adminlang tool

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

09 March 2009, 15:59

Hello,

I was able to test and try the Adminlang tool by David Mudrack. I think it is a very smart tool, as it displayes the list of  language php files for translating, instead of having to go to each lang directory to find them.

However the html help files still need to be found and translated manually. 

I have also notice something peculiar, but it may be sone error in my installation:   Adminlang is able to find and display all the php language files for each pluggin. However, when I traslate them, I get the error message "[unabletocreatedirectory/admin]]" unless I move the files I want to translate to the htdocs/lang folder.

I will explain this is a better way:

Let's consider, for instance the language file:blocktype.blogpost.php

which is in:

artefact\blog\blocktype\blogpost\lang\en.utf8

Lang.php is able to list this file, but when I try to translate it, I get the message "unabletocreatedirectory/admin]]. However, if I move the file to the htdocs/lang directory, it is able to translate it , creating the corresponding file in the lang/es.utf/directory.

However,  as I am the only one reporting this problem, I guess that it may be some error  in my installation.

Regards

Iñaki Arenaza's profile picture

09 March 2009, 19:37

Hi Mari Cruz,

this is most probably a permission problem or a path separator problem. Are you running this adminlang install on a Windows machine? Does the web service have write permissions on the non-English language directories?

Saludos. Iñaki.

2 results