Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
password renew

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

09 March 2009, 12:04

Some students forgot their passwords.

I set it new and checked that they have to change their password when they log in again.

They set it new, but they are still not able to log in with their new passwords. But they are still able to log in with my renewed password to get to same page to set the password.

Do they have to close the browser, and try again?

I helped myself and let the student set their own password via my admin page and did not check new password with next login.

Is that a bug?

Account deleted

09 March 2009, 15:19

Hi - it sounds like there could be an issue there, although nobody else has complained about it so far. I'll try it out and see if it works for me.
Account deleted

09 March 2009, 19:31

Hi - I just tried, and was unable to duplicate this problem. The only time I had issues with passwords was when I tried a user who was using LDAP to authenticate - of course, the password has to be changed in LDAP and can't be changed in Mahara.

So are you saying that every time they log in (with the new password you gave them), they are asked to input a new password, after which time they can continue to click around the site. But once they log out and try to log in again they have to use the password you gave them again, and set a new one again?

Account deleted

10 March 2009, 5:13

I use internal to authenticate.

After the student is asked to change the password and clicks save he is loged off. And the new password is not saved. The student is trapped.

Account deleted

10 March 2009, 7:35

That sounds like it might be related to the problems you were having with remaining logged in. What is your dataroot config variable set to, and what permissions are there on that directory?
Account deleted

10 March 2009, 12:29

/home/.../maharadata

Account deleted

10 March 2009, 21:13

Those settings are ok.. I have no other answer other than to attribute it to some misconfiguration of your hosting for now, unless someone else finds the issue. Frown

As mentioned in the installation instructions, Mahara isn't explicitly designed to run on shared hosting, and we certainly don't test it in all sorts of different (and often strange) configurations that shared hosts can have. So sometimes these kinds of issues can crop up, which is unfortunate.

7 results