Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Keep getting logged off

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

08 March 2009, 22:19

Hey,

I am new to Mahara and know nothing about how to make it work so forgive me if these questions simple.

The first issue is that when I log into Mahara, with cookies enabled, everytime I try to change page using the nav at the top I get logged out and need to re log in again.

The second question is: How do I log into the admin area? Is there one?

Thanks

Lee 

Account deleted

08 March 2009, 23:34

Hi Lee,

I just started recently too, but I just went through my installation successfully so I know some of the simple answers.

The logging in thing is in the Installing Mahara instructions, in the end of the Q&A section. What you need to do is go to the config.php file in the root folder of your website and edit it.  Look in that file and you will see a line like this:

$cfg->dataroot = '/home/yourusername/stuff/maharadata';

You have to adjust this to be exactly (not relative path AND not a url) the folder path to the place you created where your uploaded data will be stored - your path and folder names will be different from my example above.  Note that this is not in your www folder or any of its subfolders. It is hidden from outsiders except when Mahara lets them see the files you put in there, etc.

There is not a special place to log into the admin interface (unlike some common CMS systems out there). You should log in as user "admin" with password "mahara", then of course change the password Tongue out

As admin you have a "Site Administration" tab on the main menu that will appear.

I hope that helps. It gets easier after you work out the kinks after the initial install. Good luck on your new site,

Jamie

Account deleted

09 March 2009, 1:39

I have my root folder set and things are being saved into it, but I have only been able to make it work using ../ which apparently can't be used. I will try to see if I can set an absolute path and hope that works.
Account deleted

09 March 2009, 5:24

Success! You were totally right and I was totally wrong!

I didn't really know the url so I had to use getcwd() php function to get it and once I knew that, all was fine!!

Thanking you very much! 

4 results