Forums | Mahara Community

Pedagogy /
Institution and groups from France

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

07 April 2011, 1:13

Hello i'm French and new with Mahara and i'm asking questions myself about institutions and groups.

I have just installed Mahara 1.3 and moodle2 => so mahoodle which is working without troubles.

My Mahara will groups students which are coming from 18 differents schools and will be log on by one common Moodle (by the institution i created in mahara).

I would like to be able to manage them separetly can i add institutions (one for each schools) in this main institution which allows me to connect via moodle all the students?

Each institutions could receive differents courses groups allowing to join students, some teachers, and tutors) Is it possible.

For example i'm coming from a school of "Paris" i will be in the same institution of others students which are coming from "Lille" (to be connected to Mahara by SSO) but i will get an instutition from the Paris's Students and another one for Lille's one. In each of these institutions i will get courses group.

Is that OK ?

Thanks by advance

Benoit Martinet

08 April 2011, 11:05

Hello Benoît

I am Dominique, in charge of the French Mahara community. If you want some advise in French please don't hesitate to join the French group "Mahara en Français" and you will meet other French speakers using Mahra. By Catalyst in New-Zeeland, François Marier also speaks (and writes) French.

So "Bienvenu sur Mahara"

To answer your question. When you SSO from Moodle, students are placed in the Institution that is set up with the SSO link (what you called mahoodle). So it is not possible, as long as I know and have tested, to have more than one instance of SSO with the two same clients/servers. It would be possible to do that if your students are divided into different instances of Moodle, different Moodle servers I mean.

This is neither possible to transfert roles from Moodle to Mahara. It is something already discussed somewhere here in the forum with Nigel McNie but it is a big work of coding and certainly not something we will see in 1.4 or 1.5, although it could be great of having such a nice feature.

I let other people here to complete or agree/disagree with what I say.

Hope I have answered your question, if not, please free to continue the discussion.

-dajan

A post by Account deleted was deleted

3 results