Forums | Mahara Translation

Translations /
Pieforms strings

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

22 March 2011, 22:12

Because pieforms is no longer maintained separately from Mahara, it makes more sense to use Mahara's language packs to get the strings used in pieforms.

It will mean that in future (from 1.4) translators can just edit those strings normally as part of a language pack, rather than having to ask someone with commit access to core Mahara to make the changes for them.

So for 1.4 I've added a new file, htdocs/lang/en.utf8/pieforms.php, and all the English strings are in there.

For those languages that already had pieforms translations (cs.utf8, da.utf8, de.utf8, es.utf8, fr.utf8, ja.utf8, nl.utf8, sl.utf8), I've pushed an automatically-generated version of htdocs/lang/xx.utf8/pieforms.php to the appropriate git repository for that language.

I pushed to the master branch in most cases, but in the cases where the master branch looked a bit stale and unmaintained, I assumed the 1.4 translation would probably be based off 1.3_STABLE, so I pushed the file to 1.3_STABLE instead (it won't be used until 1.4, but shouldn't do any harm).

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

23 March 2011, 11:54

There are no changes to be made to pieforms.php for en_US, which I suppose isn't surprising.  

I'm mentioning it, though, in the off chance that the test results shown at http://langpacks.dev.mahara.org/ will include a "check for pieforms.php" test in the future or something.

I'm overthinking this, I'm sure.

2 results