Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Install hung on "Performing installation...

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

22 March 2011, 6:56

Hi,

I'm new to Mahara (but not to CMS' and LMS') and this is my first attempt to install. I've read all the relevant documentation and forum posts I could find and there doesn't appear to be a satisfactory solution to this problem, so perhaps someone could resolve it here.

Server: Wamp (Apache 2.2.11 , MySQL 5.1.36, PHP 5.2.11)

Mahara version: 1.3

On the page localhost/mahara/admin/upgrade php I get: "Performing installation..." the same as this post here: http://mahara.org/interaction/forum/topic.php?id=1991

I'm fairly proficient with PHP, databases, etc. and any help you can offer will be most appreciated and probably useful to anyone else who wants to test Mahara locally before a public install.

I look forward to reading your replies.

All the best,

Matt Bury

Wullie's profile picture

30 March 2011, 3:14

Matt,

Did you have a look here?

http://wiki.mahara.org/System_Administrator%27s_Guide/Installing_Mahara/Installing_Mahara_in_Wampserver

Pay special attention to Q/A 3, Step 1 - I also found that ensuring that the extension=php_fileinfo.dll is commented out helped too.

Hope this helps

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

30 March 2011, 6:17

Hi Wullie,

Thanks for the help.

I followed the instructions exactly as described by the link you posted but I still get th same result. I'm using Wamp 2.0. Also I couldn't find "extension=php_fileinfo.dll" anywhere in the php.ini file.

Thanks in advance.

Matt

Wullie's profile picture

30 March 2011, 6:22

Matt,

I must admit, I tried installing yesterday and it hung for ages, came in first thing this morning and it worked - after I'd deleted all the old folders in my mahara folder first, then recreated the database.

Not sure if it makes a difference or not, but I'm using XAMPP rather than WAMP.

4 results