Forums | Mahara Community

Pedagogy /
Viewing private feedback

Gordon McLeod's profile picture

18 March 2011, 7:19

One of our tutors has been using feedback extensively with students on their blog post views as part of their course reflective practice work. I've now been asked to enable the external verifier to view the blogs with feedback. Unfortunately the feedback for all of these conversations was set to private, so simply sharing the view doesn't allow the comments to be seen. The only solutions I can think of to achieve this are to give the external full admin rights or access to the tutor account - neither of which feels like a good option. Can anyone suggest an alternative?

We're currently on 1.3 but upgrading to 1.4 very soon if that makes any difference.

Thanks.

18 March 2011, 10:42

Hello Gordon,

I don't see personally many solutions. One would ask comments' owners to request their comment to become public, and then each artefacts' owner will receive a message they have to confirm to make the comment public.

The second will be to modify by hand the SQL database. Comments are stored in artefact_comment_comment, and public/privacy is recorded in the column "private" (set to 1 if private or 0 if public). You could change all the comment and make them public with something like

update artefact_comment_comment set 'public' = 1;

or you could selectively change comments status for each artefact you know the id number. This number is given in the url when the artefact (in your case the blog) is displayed.

HTH

-dajan

2 results