Forums | Mahara Community

Open Discussion /
What happends to the Key to Schools free Mahara hosting?

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

18 March 2011, 4:54

Hello,

As you may well know, Keys to school changed their Moodle free hosting to Moodle 2.0.

When I logged in, I notice that the Mahara hosting has been disabled for the unpaid option.

None of the institutions in which I work now use Mahara or Moodle, but I would like to Mahara as my personal eportfolio.

Do you recommend me any other free Mahara hosting services?

Thank you very much.

Account deleted

18 March 2011, 5:35

Hi Aaricia,

we provide a free Mahara hosting service at http://www.foliospaces.com

Regards, Ian

Account deleted

18 March 2011, 17:03

Thank you very much for this, Ian.

I plan to do my final dissertation about the concept of "Personal Learning Environment" which is liberating learners from institution's IT systems, as it is mentioned in your website.

I am analysing with curiosity the policies of the Ministry of Education in NZ which consider the case of an external eportfolio provider in order to promote life long learning rather than the  "institutional portfolios " of UK institutions.

Once my work is finished, I will submit to the Mahara community as a view.

Account deleted

18 March 2011, 18:37

Mari, please aks me if you want any information or assistance from the NZ Ministry. We are always open to learn from others observing our decisions and subsequent actions. You could probably have a better view by joining the Google Group called MLE Regerence Group and by joining a MyPortfolio Group[ called MyPortfolio Discussions (to do so you will need an account in www.myportfolio.school.nz, so select Ministry of Education as institution).

Paul.

4 results