Forums | Mahara Community

Mahara/Moodle integration /
SSO Unsername problem

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

16 March 2011, 10:58

I posted this issue in the "support" forum, and missed this forum, which is a better place for it. (I'm hoping that's why I hadn't gotten a response!)

In my Mahoodle install, I have SSO from Moodle to Mahara, and it's worked perfectly, We're intending to standardize on email username authentication (in Moodle), and will have to do a database upgrade and config change there this summer.

I had assumed that a simple replacement query in Mahara would cover the username migration and account parity between the two installs. .I just did a perfunctory test, updating a single account by hand in the database to see what happened. It worked perfectly in Moodle. However, Mahara created a new account when I came across, with a truncated email address (29 characters) as the username. The original email address had 34 characters. The Mahara database shows 100 characters for the max length of usr/username, so something seems to be happening in code..

Any ideas?

Iñaki Arenaza's profile picture

20 March 2011, 11:43

Hi Jeffrey, see my answer at http://mahara.org/interaction/forum/topic.php?id=3051#post13539

Saludos.
Iñaki. 

2 results