Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Installation of 1.1.1

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

28 February 2009, 19:48

Dear Nigel,

I successfully did a fresh install of 1.1.1 on planetdesigners.com but now have the following message:

[ENV] 02 You have dangerous PHP settings, magic_quotes_gpc is on. Mahara is trying to work around this, but you should really fix it
[X]
Call stack (most recent first):
  • log_message("You have dangerous PHP settings, magic_quotes_gpc ...", 1, true, true) at /home2/planetde/public_html/lib/errors.php:102
  • log_environ("You have dangerous PHP settings, magic_quotes_gpc ...") at /home2/planetde/public_html/lib/mahara.php:93
  • ensure_sanity() at /home2/planetde/public_html/init.php:79
  • require("/home2/planetde/public_html/init.php") at /home2/planetde/public_html/view/index.php:34

What can I do from there?

Thank you for your help.

Thierry 

Account deleted

01 March 2009, 5:48

Hi Thierry,

It sounds like your'e using shared hosting, which means that you won't have direct access to your php configuration, but still, there are a few ways you can approach this:

1. Try and find some sort of setting in your host's control panel, if you have one, to turn the setting off

2. Upload a .htaccess file (note the . at the start) to your Mahara installation's htdocs directory, containing the following line:

php_flag magic_quotes_gpc off

3.  Finally, if neither of those work, as you can see in the message from Mahara, it is trying to work around the problem, and does a pretty good job - you can just disable the message by making sure you have the following setting in config.php:

$cfg->log_environ_targets = false;

That will make the warning go away.

Hope that helps!

Penny

Account deleted

01 March 2009, 13:54

Thank you Penny,

I already had my php.ini file configured from my previous installation. As you siggested, I went to see if I could configure PHP handling with my control pannel and I found the following setting that I chose:

PHP5 (Single php.ini)
Same as PHP5, but all subdirectories will use ~/public_html/php.ini

That resolved everything. 

Thank you so much.... great advice.

Thierry 

Account deleted

01 March 2009, 14:33

Great, glad you got it working! :)
4 results