Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Cannot Upload Files in 1.1

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

27 February 2009, 11:03

I have a problem uploading files in version 1.1.

I can upload avatars / profile images, and create folders in the "files" areas, though I am not sure if these are physical directories on the file system?

When I try to upload files the page loads fast but the "uploading"  icon just keeps spinning. There are no error messages etc. I did not have this issue with Alpha releases, though this is on a different server...

One thing I did notice was that there is no "path to file" option in the site configuration, is this of any relevance? Does anyone have any ideas on what the issue is here... maharadata is writeable...

Thanks, Jez

Account deleted

27 February 2009, 11:33

Well I tripple checked everything... the dataroot directory is writeable, to be sure i changed it to 777 and still could not upload to the file areas.

The php upload limit is low, just 2MB, but I have only used very small files in test.

I tried uploading avatars that I had previously uploaded to my profile and they got stuck.

It would be useful for me to understand the difference in uploading an avatar to your profile vs uploading the same image to a file location (site files / user files).

How is it that I can upload an image to my profile but not upload that same image to a file area???

I have also tried with in different browsers (FF and IE) in case there was an ajax bug affecting one of them... still no good... copletely foxed as to what this could be????

Account deleted

27 February 2009, 12:04

Sorry this is a dupe topic... see this thread:

http://mahara.org/interaction/forum/topic.php?id=7#post1490

Account deleted

28 February 2009, 3:08

Hi - files you upload as profile icons are stored in $dataroot/artefact/file/profileicons/originals. While files uploaded to your files area are stored in $dataroot/artefact/file/originals.

Other than that, there's a little different code in the forms themselves, but the code that handles uploaded files is pretty much the same (as far as I remember).

I'm afraid I'm a bit stumped too...

Account deleted

02 March 2009, 8:51

Thanks for your reply, it was Clam AV causing the problem... will post more in original thread

http://mahara.org/interaction/forum/topic.php?id=7#post1490 

5 results