Forums | Mahara Community

Open Discussion /
Groups and Files

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

03 December 2008, 10:51

I'm having trouble with my group files... I uploaded lots of different files to my own file area and (like the blogs) thought I may have access to these in the group space.  I didn't.  That's cool, I can  upload different files for the group context, and I did.  But when it came to adding them to a view I couldn't just add a file (my only options were html, file downloads, embedded media or images).  There was no option for a .doc (which I'd uploaded to the group file space).  I'd also uploaded an image and I tried to drag that into the view, but couldn't see it.  I then wondered if it had something to do with public access to individual files (since the files I could see, which were not mine, were all 'public' tagged), but couldn't see a place to make my files public or not....
Account deleted

03 December 2008, 16:03

Using your own artefacts in group Views is a slightly tricky area. To be honest, I'm not sure exactly what the behaviour should be myself! Richard Mansfield will know.

I'm not sure what you mean by this: "But when it came to adding them to a view I couldn't just add a file (my only options were html, file downloads, embedded media or images)"

What way were you expecting to be able to add a file?

As for the .doc and image file in the View, it sounds like there may be a bug there, but we might need more information - what type of group was it, what role were you when you uploaded the image/doc file and what role were you when creating the view?

Account deleted

04 December 2008, 6:57

Yes, I'm not sure you want to use your own files in group views either... I did eventually get to add a file (.doc) from the group files to my group view using 'Files to Download' (I think I had a stunned moment yesterday and thought it should have been a different option).  But I still can't add any images from the same group of files using 'An Image' so think that is a bug.  I created the group as a normal user, it is a group which you need to request membership for and it is just a normal view within that group.
Account deleted

04 December 2008, 15:40

I asked Richard about your artefacts in group views - we haven't implemented anything like this yet. The bug he was fixing was to do with copying blogs when using a view as a template.

I'll have a look into putting images into a group view.

Account deleted

04 December 2008, 18:46

I had a look, and managed to embed an image just fine. I can see all of the site public files and all of the files in the group to embed. I tried this as a normal user, not an admin. I'm afraid I'm a bit confused about what could be wrong!
5 results