Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Mahara and MySQL different machines

Yaju Mahida's profile picture

25 February 2009, 1:59

Mahara application and MySQL Database both are on different machine. From the application server I am able to connect to the MySQL Database system on another machine. I am able to see mahara database and tables using mysql client on application server.

Now, funny things happen when the dbhost is specified in config.php and I try to access the mahara site it goes into the Redirect Loop. While as i leave blank the dbhost than the mahara site gives error about mysql that it is not able to mysql server.

Even when the dbhost is specified as localhost it gives error that couldn't connect to mysql database. This is fair as there is no mysql database on localhost.

The confusion is why it is causing the redirect loop when dbhost is specified.

Can someone give idea where to look for ????? Thanks in advanced...

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

25 February 2009, 17:47

Hi, this sounds like a problem with your setup more than with Mahara itself. Maybe when you set the dbhost and it connects to the db properly, the db has a wwwroot in the config table that is confusing your apache?

A note regarding apache configs - don't use ServerAlias. Mahara expects to be available at ONE url, if it isn't then some features like networking won't work properly.

Yaju Mahida's profile picture

25 February 2009, 21:29

Hi we sorted out the problem. The database was corrupted. Thanks.
3 results