Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Public or Member Listings Page?

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

23 February 2009, 15:07

Is there a plugin or function in Mahara that allows someone (internal or external) to browse all the member or public portfolios?  The only way I can see to promote or display is for the user to copy the url of their page for public viewing.

What am I missing? Is there a selection from the admin panel?

Heinz Krettek's profile picture

23 February 2009, 16:03

Hi Dan,

greetings from germany Wink

The only way you can browse the member s of a mahara site is to call the page <your_site>/user/find.php . The table shows the users and links to visible views, if a usder has granted the permission to see them. I think the specail character of a ePortfolio software is to protect the users and their data. They need confidence and the knowlegde that only the persons  who are allowed will see this things.

There are no additional features with the admin panel, altho the admin can use the /admin/users/search.php page .

HTH
Heinz

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

23 February 2009, 19:44

There's only the ability to search through users for their views right now - no way to browse or search through views themselves. We've wanted to add this for some time, although the actual searching is a bit tricky because it's hard to search view contents. Also, view visibility (e.g. who can see what view) makes it a bit difficult too. But hopefully we can come up with something in the future...
3 results