Forums | Mahara Community

Mahara/Moodle integration /
Guide to Mahara-Moodle2.0

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

09 February 2011, 6:54

Is there any guide/blog/how-to for connecting Mahara and Moodle 2.0?

09 February 2011, 11:08

As long as I know, there is no guide to SSO Moodle 2.0 and Mahara 1.3. But there are a lot of documents about «Mahoodle» subject (e.g. http://wiki.mahara.org/@api/deki/files/196/=Mahoodle.pdf) with Moodle 1.9 and Mahara 1.4.

If you are familiar with Moodle 2.0 you can easily transpose the above information from one context to another.

Please also read all the forums about Mahoodle and Moodle/Mahara integration on moodle.org and mahara.org, before all.

This operation is not trivial and doesn't always work after a first trial (I personally never succeed it before a couple or a few trials).

Good luck

Iñaki Arenaza's profile picture

10 February 2011, 0:32

Well, in fact there is :-)

It happens that it's only available in Spanish so far. I've got it half-translated to English and keep translating it as time permits (I'm pretty busy right now). You can find the Spanish version at http://www.slideshare.net/iarenaza/integracin-de-mahara-con-moodle 

It even shows how to export content from Moodle 2.0 to Mahara 1.3 using the portfolio API :-)

Saludos.
Iñaki. 

Account deleted

10 February 2011, 7:24

Thank you for your reply, Iñaki Arenaza.

It looks wonderful and it will be very useful for newbies like me once it is translated to English.

I'm not a spanish speaker, but from the slide, I understood most of them.

However as I mentioned here, http://mahara.org/interaction/forum/topic.php?id=2748,

I just can't sort out the XMRPC plugin config. I have tried different things, but none of them worked.

I am desparate...

13 February 2011, 15:42

I have just uploaded a nearly finished version of my Mahoodle presentation in English to Slideshare (at http://www.slideshare.net/iarenaza/mahoodle-english ).

The Mahoodle part is completely translated, but the export from Moodle to Mahara part is still in Spanish. I'll try to translate the remaining slides in the following days :-)

If you find any errors or any step is not clear enough, please post a small note here so I can fix it.

I think the 'What if it doesn't work?' section is especially valuable, as it gathers together most of the common problems and debugging advices :-)

It's licensed under CC-BY-SA (and downloading of the original presentation is enabled), so re-use it as much as possible ;-)

Saludos.
Iñaki. 

Account deleted

14 February 2011, 0:57

Brilliant!

A small mistake in #24.

Suscribe "SSO ..

should be

Subscribe "SSO ...

14 February 2011, 2:12

Well spotted!

I've also fixed it in slide #29 and have re-uploaded the new version.

By the way, I've used MS PowerPoint format to upload it to Slideshare, even if the original is in OpenOffice/LibreOffice Impress format, because Slideshare destroyed part of the original format.

Once the mistakes are ironed out, I could upload the original Impress document to the wiki. What do you think?

Saludos.
Iñaki. 

Account deleted

14 February 2011, 4:10

Even though I use Ubuntu and Windows, I never used LibreOffice.

Can MS PowerPoint open the Impress format?

Can you upload both format on wiki?

Gregor Anželj's profile picture

14 February 2011, 5:24

MS Power Point can open only itself

Open Office can open itself and also PPT, PPTX

28 February 2011, 11:42

I've finished the part that talks about exporting content from Moodle 2.0 to Mahara 1.3, at last!

You can download the original slides either from Slideshare or from the Mahoodle wiki page. (where I have uploaded the original OpenOffice.org presentation and a PDF version of it).

Saludos.
Iñaki. 

11 results