Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
password does not 'stick'

Dirk Meyer's profile picture

08 February 2011, 19:14

Just a quick question as we continue to look for the answer ourselves:

In a new 1.3.3 users can log in. Sometimes, after clicking a tab in the menu, a login screen is presented. After logging in again, everyhing works fine. It does not look like the user is kicked out because when clicking back before logging in again, the user still apears to be logged in.

None of this behavior appears on our other 1.3.3 when accessed with the same computers. Its worth to note that this behavior appears to be random. We can't find any error logs on this either.

François Marier's profile picture

08 February 2011, 22:24

I've seen the same problem on Internet Explorer (can't remember which version) but I was never able to reproduce it reliably and so I never got to the bottom of the problem, unfortunately.

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

08 February 2011, 22:53

Hi Dirk,

Is it possible that you have an apache vhost with a different server name to the one you specified in the $cfg->wwwroot  variable in config.php (or the wwwroot value in your config table)?  Or is it possible that the first time you login, you used a different url to the one in wwwroot?

I think if you do that, you can end up with two session cookies from different domains, one for a logged in user and the other logged out.

Although when I had that problem it was just one additional login before everything started working fine again.

3 results