Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Installation problem

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

04 February 2011, 7:37

My school server satisfies all the requirement.

When I upload the files, it does not work.

So I deleted the .htaccess file then it works.

Do I have to have .htacess file?

Ruslan Kabalin's profile picture

04 February 2011, 8:01

Hi Shin, Do you mean you have problems uploading the file in the Files section in Mahara?

.htaccess has some settings related to the maximum file size that can be uploaded, it is set to 50Mb by default, but apart of that it has some other security-related stuff that would better be applied. If only file size is the issue, then you would better make changes it in .htaccess to required value (increase both upload_max_filesize and post_max_size).

Account deleted

04 February 2011, 8:14

I found this page.

http://wiki.mahara.org/System_Administrator%27s_Guide/Installing_Mahara/Troubleshooting

I commented out all the php_flag and php_value.

However it gives a lot of error 'dangerous PHP settings, magic_quotes_gpc is on'.

So I add the following. But I get an erro message.

$cfg->log_environ_targets = 0;

What can I do?

Thanks in advance.

Account deleted

18 February 2011, 5:05

I've got the same issue with the /.htaccess settings.  I suspect it's a problem with the security - the web logs show "mod_ssl/2.2.11 OpenSSL/0.9.7e mod_auth_pgsql/2.0.3 (internal dummy connection)" which i interpret as mahara needing a functional SSL setup.  

Account deleted

19 April 2011, 3:27

I've got nearly the same problem to. deleting all flag and value lines in the .htaccess stops the "internal Server Error" but does not lead any further, since I have lots off Warnings, that error_log() has been disabled for security reasons and the therefor unknown "Error - somthing bad happened after headers have been sent. Check the error log for more information." Which is obviously not possible.

It is really a pitty: I have no problems to run Moodle 2.0 and even ILIAS 4.1.5. on my server, so I don't understand, why Mahara should be a real problem. It would be great if anyone has Help or fixes this obviously quite well known bug.

best

fahl5

Account deleted

19 April 2011, 4:26

I've searched and googeled for more than an hour without any succesful hint, that may make mahara working on my server, which is still capable to run Moodle 2.0 aswell as the current version of ILIAS without problems. Tryinf to install mahara 1.5 I still cant go beyond the Error: "something bad happend after headers have been sent." And cant get any error_log since ist "has been "disabled for security reasons".

It would be great if anyone knows help,

best fahl5

François Marier's profile picture

19 April 2011, 18:37

Hi Steffen,

Unfortunately, without seeing what's in the error log, it's unlikely that we'll be able to help you diagnose the problem. That's normally where detailed errors are found.

Cheers,

Francois

Account deleted

20 April 2011, 0:06

The problem is solved, since after deleting all lines with error_log in errors.php I was able to install mahara. But you are right, that will probably doesn't make it easier to solve other problems in futur, when I ever want to know what would be written in an errorlog. So I assume there is something like a bug with that errorlog.

best

Steffen

8 results