Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Course group: publish file

31 January 2011, 18:03

I'm not sure if this is a bug, or if I just don't understand some of the settings for Course Groups.  I've tested this on two different installations of Mahara 1.3.  If I go to Files in a Course Group, create a file, and allow Publish for students, they are not able to upload files.  In order to allow for uploading, I need to allow "Edit".  Am I misunderstanding the fuction of Publish?  Does it mean something other than the ability to add documents to the file folder?

Thanks,

Ellen

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

31 January 2011, 21:41

Hi Ellen,

It's actually the ability to display a group file inside one of your own personal views.

01 February 2011, 21:46

Ah ha!  Thanks!

03 February 2011, 14:51

Hi Richard,

If I change a folder, for a Standard group, so that it does not allow publishing by Members, it does not change the settings for files added to that folder.  It seems that even if the Folder is not able to be published, by default every file uploaded to it can be.  In addition to that, if I set the Folder to allow publishing, but I disallow individual files, those files can still be published (regardless of their individual settings) if the Folder is dragged into a view.  Is this how it is supposed to work?

Thanks,

Ellen

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

13 February 2011, 16:06

Well, we did actually have a specification for that feature once, but I don't remember the details now around whether folder publish/read/write settings were supposed to override the settings for the files inside them.

5 results