Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Problems wih images and comments in blogs

Mike Korn's profile picture

28 January 2011, 0:34

Hello All,

I am running Mahara 1.3.0 with MySQL on an Ubuntu 10.4 server.

My students have created views and blogs that look great when they are looking at their own. But when we make them public, no embedded images can be seen by anyone else - just a box that says "null". When you try to open the image in a new tab in the browser (any browser) it says "Access denied. You do not have permission to view". But the image will open with no problem if you click on the attached file.

Similarly, the blog posts that are in the public views have comments enabled. But when you click on comment, we get an error like this:

Access Denied

You do not have access to view this page

Artefact 7819 not in View 1565

I am hoping that there is a simple setting that I have missed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike

02 February 2011, 1:55

Hi Again - it's never good when nobody responds. Could it be a permissions issue on the server? 

steve P's profile picture

06 February 2011, 21:46

Check this thread to see if it may be of any help to you.

Heinz Krettek's profile picture

02 February 2011, 2:55

Hi Mike,

I just played with my Mahara site(Test-View http://ewiesion.com/mahara/view/view.php?id=795) to test the points you mentioned. no problems. I use 1.3.3 , perhaps it would be useful to upgrade to the actual version.

HTH

Heinz

03 February 2011, 20:06

I'm having a similar problem. I am running Mahara 1.3.3.  I created several blogs and used images from within Mahara (attached to the blog posts).  I made each blog public, then got the feed link for them.  I then put them into a group page using the External Feed block.  When I view them in Firefox, they appear in the posts, however when I view them in any other browser, they do not show up: I get the "null".  But, in addition to that, the "Edit Title, Edit Content and Edit Access" links appear in the upper right corner (even when I am logged out).  If I click on them, they take me to the sign in page.  I've tried this on several different browser, with the exact same results.  Here is the page: http://visibledreams.net/mahara/view/view.php?id=45

04 February 2011, 8:57

Sorry, correction, they aren't showing up in Firefox either.  I think they did before because the page was cached.

15 February 2011, 21:09

Hi Again,

I finally upgrade to 1.3.3 and still have the same problem - when I click on comments, I get the follwoign error:

Access Denied

You do not have access to view this page

Artefact 8860 not in View 1560

Again, Running on an Ubuntu server with MySQL.

Please help.

thanks

steve P's profile picture

15 February 2011, 23:57

Mike, check your PHP error logs for 'out of memory' errors. When I had a similar problem to yours, that was the issue. I finally managed to resolve it with Richard's code change shown in this thread. The cron job function rebuild_artefact_parent_cache_complete then fixed it up.

http://mahara.org/interaction/forum/topic.php?id=2645

8 results