Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Admin password

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

18 February 2009, 14:12

I forgot the admin password for my mahara installation. Is there a way I can reset / recover it ?

Thanks!

Account deleted

18 February 2009, 21:40

Hi - the "forgot password" feature should work equally well for admins as for any other user. You can access it through a link in the login box.

Alternatively, you can set the password in the database like so:

UPDATE usr SET password = 'changeme123', salt = NULL WHERE username = 'admin';

Account deleted

13 September 2011, 16:08

I didn't forget the admin password but it just stopped working. Resetting it with the SQL command didn't help. Now my only admin account is unusable. Any ideas about what I should do? What's the SQL required to create a new admin account?

Thanks.

Account deleted

13 September 2011, 18:08

Alistair, if you have version 1.4, it didn't work because we removed plaintext passwords from the db.  To reset it in SQL you'd have to hash the password.

The easiest way, as you suggest, is to turn another account into an admin account:

UPDATE usr SET admin = 1 WHERE username = 'alistair';

Account deleted

13 September 2011, 22:41

Thanks Richard. Problem solved!

Account deleted

20 June 2012, 7:01

Hello

i have forget my admin password, how can i reset or set a new via mySQL database?

(there is no other user in system just me with the username admin)

Thanks Roli

(using Mahara 1.5)

Account deleted

20 June 2012, 17:47

Hi Roli,

You can use the "Lost username/password" link to reset your password.  If you can't do that for some reason (email isn't set up, or your admin has an invalid address), have a look at this thread:

https://mahara.org/interaction/forum/topic.php?id=4594

Account deleted

15 September 2014, 22:54

Hiya

I have finally managed to get into Mahara using the default Admin password, at which point I am prompted to enter a new password. I have done this, but Mahara is ignoring my new password and continues to use the default "mahara" one. This then just takes me back into the enter new password loop?

Can anyone help?

Getting frustrated now with Mahara. 6 hours and I can not even log in successfully.

Rich

8 results