Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
No Artefacts Found

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

18 February 2009, 11:00

Can anybody please advise where I have gone wrong. I have created a view, uploaded some files to MyFiles without any problems. However when I attempt to add an image block to My View I am unable to select any of my image files as I am advised that  there were no artifacts found.

Any help would be appreciated.

I have Mahara working on another server, but the disk space is too limited for my purposes,and I need to get it working on this server.

Many thanks

Steve 

Heinz Krettek's profile picture

18 February 2009, 13:26

Hi Steve,

please tell us more about your setting. Which mahara version?

An idea could be, that you try to add the view in the group area and uploaded the files to your private portfolio area?

cheers

Heinz

Account deleted

19 February 2009, 4:06

Hello Heinz

thanks for your quick reply. I am using Mahara version 1.09 and I have definitely uploaded the images to my files and the view is a my private view as admin.

Many thanks

Steve 

Account deleted

18 February 2009, 21:35

Hi - if you're using Mahara 1.0, this sounds like exec() might be disabled on your host, and so uploaded images are not being detected as image. You might want to investigate this possibility. The easiest way to tell - in "My Files", do your uploaded images have thumbnails?
Account deleted

19 February 2009, 4:09

Hi Nigel

I thank you for your reply. The images do not have thumbnails, but are within the repository as I can download them.

I shall investigate if exec() has been disabled.

Many thanks

Steve 

Account deleted

19 February 2009, 8:38

On further investigation, it seems that safe mode is disabled but exec() is disabled for security purposes. I need to know what exec() calls as my service provider may enable these calls for me. 

Any help would be appreciated.

Kind regards

Steve 

Account deleted

19 February 2009, 16:24

Hi - exec() calls /usr/bin/file to detect file types of uploaded files. Hopefully your host will let you use that Smile

Also a function which is sometimes disabled is escapeshellarg, which you will need too - make sure to check that it's on as well.

Account deleted

20 February 2009, 4:05

Many  thanks for your help. I have asked my host if they can enable these functions for me.

Steve Smile

Account deleted

20 February 2009, 10:16

My Host has replied to my request with:

I have allowed the "/usr/bin/file" command to be run through the exec
functions. We also have escapeshellarg() enabled so this shouldn't cause any
problems.

However, still no joy. Where do I go from here? Any additional thoughts woud be appreciated.

Regards

Steve 

Account deleted

20 February 2009, 18:24

Now things should work for any new uploaded files - the old ones won't be fixed as their artefact type (image or just file) is detected at upload time.
11 results