Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Moodle to Mahara SSO error.

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

17 February 2009, 10:02

Hi,

I'm on the final stages of integrating Mahara with Moodle (following the Mahoodle doc, step by step), and have hit a wall a the final step.

When clicking on the Mahara link in the Network Server block in Moodle, I'm taken to Mahara, but the user is not logged in. I'm just presented with the Mahara home page.

If I try to log in to Mahara with the username and password for that user (as created in Moodle), I get an invalid username or password error.

If I log in to Mahara using my Mahara admin account and list users, there they are! I can log in as that user via the "log in as this User" link in the admin account and everything looks normal.

It looks like the password is being lost/changed during the SSO account creation process.

Has anyone else had this problem and actually solved it? I've seen the problem mentioned in other forums/posts, but never a solution provided.

I'm running Moodle 1.9.3 and Mahara 1.0.9 on a shared server. Moodle is installed in the root, and Mahara is in a subfolder (ie www.moodlesite.com/mahara/).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Paul.

Heinz Krettek's profile picture

17 February 2009, 11:02

Hi Paul,

did you try to login to mahara twice. I noticed this a while ago and if the login failed on the first time it was ok i clicked the link once again. Wink

It would help to track down your problem if you post the errorlog here. You mentioned your shared host. I finally switched to a VPS host provider because i was not able to install a mahoodle combo in a shared host.

greetings from the snowy black forest

Heinz

2 results