Forums | Mahara Community

Pedagogy /
Teaching and Learning With Mahara

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

06 February 2011, 19:53

These examples are excellent.  The spanish portfolios are so good.  Your tutorials are also excellent.  How has overall adoption been?

07 February 2011, 19:05

Thanks Thomas.  Adoption has been phenominal. Mahara is being used for student projects, Teaching Certification Templates, Promotion and Tenure portfolios...  But, then again, Mahara is an amazing Tool!

Account deleted

06 February 2011, 20:11

Compared to the projects you have shown Ellen, many of my examples for my undergraduates at the University of Maine seem like the Wild West (of Amercian History).  See these projects here.

My K-12 examples are now limited as the school I was with over the last 4 years unexpectedly cut Mahara after I left: A huge deal for many young people who used Mahara and an issue to be reflected on. Luckily, I switched the Moodle-Mahara of the last year I was there to a hosted service and with permission have retained some examples:

K-12

Jordan (Age 14) Comparative Democracies Project: Disease and Malnutrition, and Comparative Religions Project: Quelling Desire

Katherine (Age 16) Free Me

A pilot project I lead away from the University setting is generating some promising work using Mahara as a cloud learning environment.  We have struggled with project management applications for the students and have moved from 37 signals and Backpack to Project Foundry and now still up in the air. 

A few Views for an integrated program of the Institute for Global Civic Culture called the North American Experience. Our Mahara site is here.

Jake (Age 15)

Scarlet Letter Synopsis

Indigenous Culture and Settler Society to 1800

07 February 2011, 19:46

You're too humble Smile  These are wondeful!  So glad you shared them.

Account deleted

01 March 2011, 12:00

Really great stuff. Thanks for sharing. This gives our teachers and students ideas on what can be accomplished!

Jonathan Mergy
Director of Technology
Lick-Wilmerding High School

Account deleted

06 February 2011, 19:21

These projects look excellent, Colin. Thank you for sharing!

Account deleted

13 May 2011, 16:09

Hi Ellen We are currently using Mahara in a trial with our teachers in a recognition process at Hunter Institute of TAFE (vocational education) New South Wales Australia. I have looked at your site which has some great examples. Did you prepare user guidelines for your students? If so, would you mind sharing?

A post by Account deleted was deleted

Account deleted

02 March 2011, 2:21

I saw a nice spanish group eportfolio in this forum, but I don't remember. I thought it is in this thread but it is not. And I forgot to bookmark it.

Could anyone tell me where it is?

Thanks in advance.

Account deleted