Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Problem syncing mahara folder, maharadata folder and MySQL database

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

21 December 2010, 15:41

Hi All,

Some time back, an unexpected problem had occured with the computer, due to which we have had to reinstall Mahara again.

This, however has not been so simple and straight forward primarily because of the amount of work that had already been put into by my peers in customizing Mahara (with new themes etc.).

I had no idea until recently that even the mahara code folder changes and unfortuanately, the changes that were made to this folder have not been documented.

Anyways, after redoing the installation, starting off from the exisiting mahara code folder and moving on to import the existing maharadata folder and the backup of the maharadb folder, I have managed to get most of the application to work.

There is however, one error in  /mahara/admin/groups/groups.php.

IdeaTools ePortfolio: Site unavailable

A nonrecoverable error occured. This probably means you have encountered a bug in the system

There may be more, but I have not been able to track any so far.

Redoing the customization of the whole application might prove to be a costly affair.

Any suggestions on what to do from here on in will be greatly appreciated.

Abhay.

PS - The current Mahara version is 1.3.0beta2

22 December 2010, 0:42

Hello,

Mahara seems to check the presence of all plug-ins installed and used as Atifacts or in Views. If one is missing, then then Mahara shows this error: Site unavailable.

Try by re-installing all the plug-ins add-ons and try again.

But the rule before reinstalling everything would have been to bulk-export all users; do the re-install; bulk-import all users.

And, if you re-install Mahara why not using the latest build (1.3.3) instead of the beta2 version ?

HTH

-dajan

2 results