Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
picture problem

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

15 December 2010, 5:34

Hi all,

Could anyone help me with a picture problem that I am experiencing with Mahara? 

I recently generated a "secret URL" for one of my views and then attempted to access the URL from a different computer on the college network.  The view opened up but none of the images were displayed (all that showed up as a little box with a red cross in it).  I have had the same problem trying to access secret URLs from home. 

I have also had the same problem with a blog that I have created in Mahara and then embedded in one of my views.

I have experimented with different image types and with keeping a copy of the image in both the Mahara filespace & 'My Documents' .... but none of this has helped.

I'm not sure if this is a problem with Mahara, or with the college computers/network...... or with me?!

I would be very grateful for any suggestions.

from Ben.

Mary Cooch's profile picture

15 December 2010, 11:28

Hi Ben. I think you will need to "add public" as well as "add Secret URL" to get the images to show.

Account deleted

15 December 2010, 15:52

Hi Mary,

I don't think that this should be necessary. The main point of a secret URL is to avoid having to make a view completely public in order to give non-local users access. By granting public access, anyone knowing or guessing the view id can see the contents of the view.

Andrew

Account deleted

15 December 2010, 15:58

Hi Ben,

What version of Mahara are you using? I seem to recall seeing something like this recently and I submitted a similar bug relating to forum posts recently (https://bugs.launchpad.net/mahara/+bug/655631) which we're hoping to address for version 1.4. If you could let me know the version, that'd make tracking this down a little easier.

Thanks,

Andrew

Account deleted

16 December 2010, 9:22

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for the response.  I'm using Mahara 1.2.2.

from Ben.

Account deleted

16 December 2010, 11:24

Hi Ben,

I can confirm that this was indeed a bug, but it was fixed in version 1.2.4.

I'd highly recommend upgrading to the latest version of Mahara (1.3.3) or at the very least the latest release of version 1.2 (1.2.6).

If you're interested, the bug was fixed in 48e22072c9bed9315e5cb40a7734775a88778f44

Andrew

17 December 2010, 12:08

Well now I am confused because on our installation of Mahara (CLEO) we can't see the images via secret URL unless we add public to them too (something I was advised to do in October ) I don't know what version ours is though?

Account deleted

20 December 2010, 5:51

Hi Mary,

We're running a custom version of Mahara for CLEO with a number of bespoke developments. As such, we are possibly affected by this bug. I've not seen it reported/requested through official CLEO support channels in order to deploy the fix.

Andrew

20 December 2010, 6:47

Thanks Andrew -I will go and find out how to do that nowSmile

Account deleted

21 December 2010, 6:51

Thanks all for replies.

I tried adding public and then generating a secret URL, but the same problem occurred.

It looks like I'll have to wait for the college to get a Mahara upgrade!

Cheerio,

Ben.

11 results