Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Problems with the view of user profiles - only IE8

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

11 December 2010, 17:50

my problem starts when displaying the view of the profiles, the entire screen is out of position only in Internet Explorer 8.

The strange thing is the view only the profiles of users, in other views are displayed good. He does not respect the property min-with or location

Somebody has happened.

Greetings

Screen

Account deleted

11 December 2010, 20:33

hello,

Click on F12 to open the developer tool.

Check if the page is with Quirks mode enable.

Account deleted

15 December 2010, 16:21

Hello

While I'm fixing moving the properties in CSS files, I noticed some differences in the results it gives me the IE development tool

A page that show ok, the development tool tells me:

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd">
<!-- Generado por Herramientas de desarrollo. Es posible que ésta no sea una representación precisa del archivo de origen original -->
<HTML><HEAD><TITLE>Administración </TITLE> ...

but a page that looks bad, the development tool tells me:

<!-- Generado por Herramientas de desarrollo. Es posible que ésta no sea una representación precisa del archivo de origen original -->
<HTML><HEAD><TITLE>Perfil</TITLE><LINK rel=stylesheet type=text/css href="/artefact/resume/resume.css"><LINK rel=stylesheet type=text/css href="/theme/raw/static/style/js.css"></HEAD>

Line 1 Missing

But when I call the page's source code, line 1 is shown.

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd">
<html>
<head> ....

What could be happening? Could it be that IE can not read the line 1 in certain archovs? how I can fix this error?

thanks

Account deleted

15 December 2010, 17:31

Problem solved, files are not encoded in UTF-8 without bom

4 results