Forums | Mahara Translation

Translations /
String Consistency

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

09 December 2010, 11:09

Three questions:

1)  htdocs/lang/en.utf8/help/forms/edituser_site.authinstance.html and htdocs/artefact/file/lang/en.utf8/artefact.file.php use "any more" in ways that would be peculiar in US English where "anymore" would be more typical in those situations.  However, htdocs/artefact/file/blocktype/internalmedia/lang/en.utf8/blocktype.internalmedia.php uses "anymore" and not "any more".  I am insufficiently familiar with Australian/New Zealand/British/Irish/Canadian/etc. English to know whether the solution is to submit a patch to change "any more" to "anymore" in the first two files, or if the solution is to change it to "any more" in the third file, and then put stuff in the US English langpack to make it "anymore".  Anyone?

2) htdocs/artefact/file/lang/en.utf8/artefact.file.php styles OpenOffice as Openoffice.  This is wrong, it seems to me and I am inclined to submit a patch.  Yes?  (Or if someone else with commit powers wants to just go and make the change, even better perhaps...less overhead....)

3) There seems to be inconsistency in htdocs/artefact/file/lang/en.utf8/artefact.file.php (and probably other PHP files in lang subdirs) as to whether or not sentences provided by the file should include a period at the end.  Is this a problem that should be addressed?

Account deleted

09 December 2010, 15:00

Rich,

For 1, I wasn't sure but google gave me this: http://alt-usage-english.org/anymore.html - which indicates the changes should be done in the US English langpack, and also that we should change the 3rd file to say "any more".

And if you're willing to provide patches for all the stuff in 2 & 3, we'll certainly apply them.

R.

Account deleted

21 December 2010, 13:33

Well #1 is certainly too easy.  So here you go:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/mahara/+bug/693149

3 results