Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Mahoodle: SSO/XMLRPC fails to update

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

21 November 2010, 21:30

Greetings!
       I have a Mahoodle install (WAMP platform on a W2008 server, Moodle 1.9.9+, Mahara 1.3.2) with a full SSL certificate for login authentication. Our Moodle install is generating public certs, and SSO to Mahara works. However, every so often, Moodle generates a new cert, and Mahara fails to pick it up. When this happens, the user clicks the Mahara link in our Moodle install, and gets a "Sorry, Mahara couldn't log you on..." error.
       As soon as I hear about this, I copy the new public cert from the Moodle networking page, log into Mahara using the local admin account, and paste the cert into the Institution XMLRPC authentication plugin detail screen. Instantly, SSO works again.
       I've got a workaround, but it doesn't prevent a lot of frustrated users before I hear about it. Does anyone know what's up with that?
       Thanks.
p.s. This is not related, but I also have one student account that, when I log in using it and click the SSO link, the result is a broken link display page...no Mahara at all. It's only that account, when that happens. (Probably should be another thread, but i'm lazy... ;-)

1 result