Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
1st install: database not created properly with Xampp in Win7

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

20 November 2010, 15:55

Hello,

I have downloaded Mahara 1.3.3 from mahara.org and used xampp 1.7.3 (latest) in Windows 7.

I have created a empty database and mahara is stuck when it installs the core. It is loading forever.

I have followed the solution in the FAQ (extend the memory and time in php.ini and change column to 1column but doesn't work).

What should I do? I guess I should give you a log but how?

Iñaki Arenaza's profile picture

21 November 2010, 15:53

It has happened a couple of times to me (out of a few dozen installs), and simply refreshing the page has let the installation continue without problem.

I don't know what the problem is and I haven't been able to reproduce it consistently, but refreshing the page has always worked for me.

Saludos.
Iñaki. 

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

21 November 2010, 23:45

Thank you for the answer.

I tried refreshing but it didn't work, because mahara wanted to recreate table like config, that already exist. Then it says something like "cannot execute sql command create table config ...".

I have managed to solve this: I applied again the solution provided in FAQ for wampserver (although I have xampp):

-change php.ini
-add dataroot and the url of the site
-change install.xml

The only difference is that the value 120s and 256M didn't work for me, but 300s and 512M is fine, and I had to delete the mahara folder and reextract it. Strange.

3 results