Forums | Mahara Community

Open Discussion /
Institution set up

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

15 November 2010, 12:33

Hi,

We are new to Mahara and support a number of different school boards on a single instance of Mahara. I am wondering what those with more experience would suggest we do in terms of setting up institutions e.g make each School Board an institution and have individual schools set up as groups, or have each individual school set up as an instituition and use course groups for classes.

Any advice you could give would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,

Helen

Craig Eves's profile picture

15 November 2010, 14:42

Hi Helen

i think setting up each schools as an institute would be better.

This way the individual school can add students and staff and manage their school groups with people that they know.

Mahara is capable of managing multiple schools - in New Zealand we support over 300 schools using a hosted mahara myportfolio.school.nz with each school managing their institute users and groups with very little non school administration support required.

regards

Craig (myportfolio support)

Account deleted

16 November 2010, 7:35

Hi Craig,

Thanks for your prompt response! Would this then mean that we would need to have one Institutional Admin for each school so that they could add/delete/suspend users.

Thanks in advance for your response.

Helen

Account deleted

16 November 2010, 20:57

Hi Craig,

I realised after that yes this would be the case. Thanks again for your advice concerning Institution set up.

Kind regards,

Helen

4 results