Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
PHP Timeout

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

15 November 2010, 7:39

It appears that Mahara shared hosted installation may have inherent problems with the server's timeout settings.  Over the weekend we successfully installed on a shared hosted configuration after heuristic judgement that the PHP timeout was causing installation to fail.  What is the advertised required PHP timeout on shared configurations?  A notation in the installation manual requirements would be helpful.

Note: I created a new post as my earlier appears inaccessible: "Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /var/www/mahara-site-mahara-org/lib/htmlpurifier/HTMLPurifier/Strategy/MakeWellFormed.php on line 438" 

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

15 November 2010, 17:39

Hi Eileen, I don't think we have a recommendation for shared configurations, although we seem to be attempting to set it to 120s in the installation script.  How long did your installation take?

And sorry about your post.  We've had these timeout problems before with htmlpurifier, but usually that's only when there's been a lot of markup in the html (see https://bugs.launchpad.net/mahara/+bug/547773)

2 results