Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Mahara 1.1 Beta and Public Views + Search Box and Menu

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

10 February 2009, 0:18

Hello, I'm using the 1.1 Beat version and want to be able to make some views public, but there isn't an option for that.  Just logged in users and friends.  Anyone know how to make the public option available?

Also, is there an easy way to make the Search Box and Menu Bar across the top visible to visitors who are not logged in?  I'm pretty sure that question was asked previously in these forums, but I can't find the post again for some reason.  

Account deleted

10 February 2009, 0:46

Doh, figured out the public views thing.  Had to turn it on in the site options.  Still would like to be able to have the search box at least available to logged out users if anyone has any suggestions!  Thanks! 
Heinz Krettek's profile picture

10 February 2009, 8:33

Hi Rob,

as far as I know nigel modified the standardtheme to do this jobs (added menu and searchbox).

There is no way to do it right out of the box.

cheers

Heinz

Account deleted

10 February 2009, 16:00

The search box isn't available on the home page because you can't search for users if you're not logged in. You'd have to remove that restriction from the user search page first. If you're interested in doing that, then putting a line like this at the top of the user search page might be enough to make it work:

define('PUBLIC', 1);

There might be other changes required though.

As for the menu - same thing - logged out users don't have portfolios or settings, and can't view groups etc... so they don't have the menu available.

4 results