Forums | Mahara Community

Mahara/Moodle integration /
Mahoodle will not SSO

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

12 October 2010, 9:52

Hi

This is a second call for any help with a SSO question.

Moodle and Mahara are on different servers.  All network keys, authentication and everything seem fine.  From Moodle, users use the network link to get to Mahara and are then presented with the sign in screen rather than actually getting into the  Mahara itself.

When I log in as admin to find out why, I can see that Mahara thinks the user has arrived and is logged on when actually they have only got to the front door but not through it.

I have tested everything and can not resolve it - and the users are staring to get frustrated.

Can anyone help please?

Iñaki Arenaza's profile picture

12 October 2010, 10:59

Perhaps you could make sure you have error logging enabled (see config.php and lib/config-dist.php) and then have a look at your Mahara and Moodle error logs to see if anything stands out.

Saludos.
Iñaki. 

Account deleted

03 November 2010, 9:15

I have just experienced the same problem.  If I try to SSO from my Moodle installation I am not logged in and am simply presented with the Mahara signin page.  However, if I do log in then the user appears as signed in. This happens with both my Moodle Admin login and a user login that I created.

Iñaki, where does one view the error logs in both Moodle and Mahara?  I've checked my server's PHP error logs but they don't seem to show anything significant.  Or are the error logs found elsewhere?

Iñaki Arenaza's profile picture

10 November 2010, 7:55

Both Moodle and Mahara send the logs to the PHP error logs by default. So if you don't see anything useful there, make sure you raise the debugging output level in both of them.

For Moodle you can find it in Administration >> Server >> Debugging (set Debug Messages to 'ALL' or even 'DEVELOPER', but don't enable 'Display debug messages' or your users will see some "garbage" on screen :-))

For Mahara, have a look at your config.php and at lib/config-defaults.php . Look for line that read something like this:

$cfg->log_dbg_targets     = LOG_TARGET_ERRORLOG;
$cfg->log_info_targets    = LOG_TARGET_ERRORLOG;
$cfg->log_warn_targets    = LOG_TARGET_ERRORLOG;
$cfg->log_environ_targets = LOG_TARGET_SCREEN | LOG_TARGET_ERRORLOG;

If you don't have anything like this in your config.php file, then the defaults from config-defaults.php are already sending the logs to the PHP error log.

Saludos.
Iñaki. 

Account deleted

10 November 2010, 9:12

Thank you for your help

The problem is now resolved and was caused by the following

Around line 55 in the config file

// wwwroot - the web-visible path to your Mahara installation // Normally, this is automatically detected - if it doesn't work for you // then try specifying it here $cfg->wwwroot = 'http://www.yourdomain.com/';

Thank you

Account deleted

10 November 2010, 9:13

Fiona

Please see the post below for solution - hope it helps.

Account deleted

05 April 2011, 16:32

Woohoo! Sue, you fixed the same problem for me. Nice one! Laughing

David

7 results