Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Calendar Bug?

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

17 October 2010, 18:25

Hi Alex, Heinz, Florian,

Could one of you attach a fixed-up calendar-de.js to a bug report?

Preferably one that doesn't make things look squeezed :)

Someone will commit it quickly.

R.

Heinz Krettek's profile picture

18 October 2010, 12:39

Hi,

I send you the file ;-) 

But  don't know how to handle the display problem with data format.

Cheers

Heinz

Account deleted

18 October 2010, 21:08

Thanks Heinz, I've committed your new version:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/mahara/+bug/663056

The js calendar was moved around and somehow in the process some changes that had been made earlier got reverted.  Sorry about that.

I couldn't reproduce the problem with the date format, but it's certainly confusing for users at the moment.   I think all you need to do is translate the string "Use the format YYYY/MM/DD HH:MM".  That string is called 'datetimeformatguide', and it just needs to match the format in the 'strftimedatetimeshort' string in langconfig.php of the German language pack.

So in the German translation of that string, make it say "DD.MM.YYYY".

Account deleted

19 October 2010, 5:14

Hi Richard,

something seems to be seriously wrong with this calendar feature.

In which file is $datetimeformatguide located? $strftimedatetimeshort is already set to '%%d.%%m.%%Y %%H:%%M' but the format guide still says "Use the format YYYY/MM/DD".

Still whenever I hit the save button the access rights are not being saved. Instead I'm redirected to "My Views". Granting access without specifying date and time is working just fine though.

By the way the calendar's user interface is really strange. To change dates you have to "(Shift-) Click or Drag to change value". I guess it hasn't been a problem before as most users simple don't use the calendar. I'd be grateful if your usability task force would tackle this when there's some time.

Alex

Account deleted

19 October 2010, 15:56

Hi Alex,

I think it actually works fine for most people, but feel free to file a bug report.  I know we've had reports about the access dates being broken on Windows.  I can change a selected date by normal single clicking on a new date.  I also don't get the problem with the dates not being saved, even if I enable the German langpack.  We did change the behaviour recently so that dates in the past aren't saved any more (they don't do anything), but we should add a message to this effect.

The string is in htdocs/lang/en.utf8/mahara.php

R.

Account deleted

20 October 2010, 10:54

It's not only the dates that are not being saved. The whole permission is deleted when I try to set dates. There seems to be nothing in the error logs though. Can I set my Mahara to be more verbose somehow?

I'm running on standard code so this is really strange. It doesn't seem to be a langpack issue though. I get the same results when I use the English langpack.

Any ideas?

thx Alex

Account deleted

20 October 2010, 16:09

Alex,

No ideas right now, sorry.  Can you give us any details about your server OS, and your php, webserver & db versions?

I'm presuming it's not a browser thing, unless you're seeing the same problems on other sites like demo.mahara.org.

26 October 2010, 4:44

Hi,

This problem is not only present on the German translation. I have it since I installed the French language pack for version 1.2 and on. I thought before this was due to an error made by Nicolas or myself and and wanted to investigate this issue when I will work on the 1.3 translation.

On the screenshot below, you can also notice that the diacritcs characters don't show correctly. It seems that UTF8 is not correctly taken into account.

Would be great if a general fix could be provide for all languages

Cheers,

Account deleted

26 October 2010, 18:55

Dominique-Alain,

I think the problem will go away if you use Florian's fix (add Calendar._FD=0;  in js/jscalendar/lang/calendar-fr.js)?

I've now added a default for this which should fix the problem for all languages in the next release.

27 October 2010, 4:01

You are right Richard. Just did it and it is now working properly.

Thanks.

-dajan

20 results