Forums | Mahara Community

Open Discussion /
Mahara+wiki

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

29 September 2010, 15:55

I am interested to add a wiki in Mahara.....any ideas?

Account deleted

29 September 2010, 17:00

Hi

If you are using 1.3 Mahara, Group views can be set up in such a way to allow users of the group permission to edit the views. You can do this simply by giving everyone Tutor priveledge in the group this means all views of the group except the default can be edited by any member with this role.

If your okay with databases you could potentially add a new role to the groups to allow editing of group views or change the member group to allow it.

Personally I find the intuative layout of Mahara's views can make it simple for almost anyone to edit or add entries to a view. 

Account deleted

30 September 2010, 12:25

Thanks Johnny but I was looking more into integrating Wiki in Mahara ;)

Account deleted

04 February 2011, 18:39

Hi, you said:

"If you are using 1.3 Mahara, Group views can be set up in such a way to allow users of the group permission to edit the views. You can do this simply by giving everyone Tutor priveledge in the group this means all views of the group except the default can be edited by any member with this role."

I am the Admin of the group and will like to use this approach, but when I want to change the user's role I can only find "Member" or "Admin" options. Where is the "Tutor" option? Also, I can only find the option to change users role one by one. Is there an option to change everyone's role at once? I am trying to do this from the "Members" section of the group. Should I look in some other place? I am using Mahara 1.3.3.

Thanks in advance for any hint, Roberto.

Ruslan Kabalin's profile picture

07 February 2011, 7:52

Hi Roberto, you should set the group type to any of Course ones ("Course: Controlled" or "Course: Request"), then the tutor role will become available in the "Change Role" dialog.

Account deleted

07 February 2011, 13:30

Thanks Ruslan, I found it!

François Marier's profile picture

29 September 2010, 17:02

Your best bet at the moment is to use an external wiki product to handle this.

We're currently building some very basic integration with Mediawiki that will allow you to use the same user accounts for Mahara and Mediawiki (we're doing an authentication plugin for mediawiki).

Francois

Account deleted

30 September 2010, 12:27

Thanks Francois this really sounds promising...I would be happy if you could update me at some point about the progress of the plugin

Cheers!

François Marier's profile picture

30 September 2010, 16:24

The code is here but it's not entirely done yet:

http://gitorious.org/mahara-contrib/mediawiki-auth-mahara

Account deleted

29 September 2010, 17:37

You can use a shared group view as already suggested, but another good method I have found that provides open access (or restricted) is embedding a google doc. Here is an example. I have set it to 600 wide but that can be varied. Please feel free to add a comment to it as I just set it up as an example. http://www.foliospaces.com/view/view.php?id=8627

Regards, Ian

14 results