Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
pathto zip and unzip

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

29 September 2010, 5:04

My wamp and iis mahara both report that zip is not installed yet php_zip.dll and zlib are both installed and working fine with Moodle.

Both installs are new and I'm trying to link them to Moodle which is running fine so far. After printing CFG I found the paths set in lib/config-defaults.php however the paths are no correct. They point nowhere

Is the zip path a path to the zip library file and the unzip to the temp mahara documents folder to unpack a file to? Do I need a seperate zip library like 7-zip?

feeling a little stupid now, but I can't seem to find a solution to what is normally a simple problem.

Cheers

Account deleted

29 September 2010, 5:17

Hi Stuart,

The default paths for zip and unzip are typically correct for linux (/usr/bin/zip and /usr/bin/unzip respectively).

You should add the correct configuration for your windows system to your config.php - i.e. do not modify lib/config-defaults.php. You'll need the path to a zip and unzip program which will work unattended. I would imagine that 7-zip should suffice. I found the following related post in the forums which may help: http://mahara.org/interaction/forum/topic.php?id=1662

Good luck with your Mahara setup!

Andrew

Account deleted

29 September 2010, 5:22

Cheers Andrew,

I did try using the search but everytime I search this site I get a blank page. It worked fine on Monday. Firefox updated this morning so not sure if it's just me. I guess so, else more would be speaking up.

Thanks again.

Account deleted

29 September 2010, 5:39

Hi Stuart,

I don't think that it's just you - the search is also broken for me. I used Google before ;) I've reported the problem to TPTB.

Cheers,

Andrew

Account deleted

29 September 2010, 16:28

Sorry about the broken search - my fault.  It happened while upgrading mahara.org to 1.3.  If you find any other problems on the site that are new in the last day, they're probably also caused by the upgrade.  Let me know...

Iñaki Arenaza's profile picture

29 September 2010, 8:42

One additional caveat for those using IIS. In order to be able to use external commands from PHP (like zip, unzip, etc.) , you need to grant execution permission to c:\windows\system32\cmd.exe to the user that runs IIS Services (IUSR_MachineName name in W2000 & W2003, IUSR in W2008).

This is a known PHP issue when running under IIS only.

By the way, IIS disables cmd.exe execution for a reason, so you should read about IIS security model before you enable the above permissions.

Saludos.
Iñaki. 

Account deleted

29 September 2010, 10:09

** SOLVED **

Thanks inaki and for previous topic help

[QUOTE]

Just FYI, these are the ones I use:

http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/packages/zip.htm

http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/packages/unzip.htm

Saludos.
Iñaki.

[/QUOTE]

Windows Gnuwin32 worked fine on WAMP and IIS.
For info 7-zip just hung the server when trying to export with no errors generated.

Account deleted

23 February 2011, 3:09

I successfully installed the

~But ... when the feeling of export has been unable to finish the run for a long time ~Stopped at "output of your export file, please wait "

A post by Account deleted was deleted

9 results