Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Install on IIS 7

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

28 September 2010, 0:50

When installing IIS 7, Microsoft proposes Wordpress and a bunch of CMS like Moodle why can't I see Mahara ?

So I tried to install Mahara 1.3.1 on my own following this topic http://mahara.org/interaction/forum/topic.php?id=138

// check to see if we're installed...
$scriptfilename = str_replace('\\', '/', $_SERVER['SCRIPT_FILENAME']);
if (!get_config('installed')
&& false === strpos($scriptfilename, 'admin/index.php')
&& false === strpos($scriptfilename, 'admin/upgrade.php')
&& false === strpos($scriptfilename, 'admin/upgrade.json.php')) {
redirect('/admin/');
}

Init.php seems to already contains the suggestion above so I didn't need to modify. Then I setup my SQL DB config.

I browse to my mahara domain. It shows an install button. But when clicking on it it still directs me to upgrade.

So what's wrong ?

Thanks.

// check to see if we're installed...
if (!get_config('installed')) {
    ensure_install_sanity();
    $scriptfilename = str_replace('\\', '/', $_SERVER['SCRIPT_FILENAME']);
    if (false === strpos($scriptfilename, 'admin/index.php')
    && false === strpos($scriptfilename, 'admin/upgrade.php')
    && false === strpos($scriptfilename, 'admin/upgrade.json.php')) {
        redirect('/admin/');
    }
}
Account deleted

28 September 2010, 3:41

Installation in Mahara is carried out using admin/upgrade.php - this is completely normal.

Rather than following advice on a 20 month old thread, you could use the installation instructions - http://wiki.mahara.org/System_Administrator%27s_Guide/Installing_Mahara

The thread that you were reading describes installation woes for version 1.1 of Mahara. The latest is 1.3. You can also reach the installation instruction by using the 'Installation Instructions' link at the top-right of this page, just underneath the Download and Try Demo buttons.

Good luck,

Andrew

Account deleted

28 September 2010, 15:17

I have followed the instruction but on IIS 7 with latest 1.3 version admin/upgrade.php shows a complete blank page.

Account deleted

29 September 2010, 14:03

Nobody has tried to install last version of Mahara on IIS 7 yet ?

Iñaki Arenaza's profile picture

29 September 2010, 16:22

I haven't tried before (we run our production Mahara on Linux/Apache/Posgresql), but I've just tried it.

Using a virtual machine with W2008 Enterprise, IIS 7, MySQL 5.1 and PHP 5.3 I've just installed Mahara 1.3.1 (a fresh download from the link at the top of mahara.org) without problems. So it seems it can be done Cool.

By the way, I've just installed it, not tested that all the features were working.

Saludos.
Iñaki. 

5 results