Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Viewing blog feedback

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

27 September 2010, 7:56

Can someone just confirm for me whether this is a design feature in 1.2 or an oversight...?  Or if I've missed some other functionality that will help me see my feedback.

If I have feedback on a view it can always be seen at the bottom of the view page, but if I have feedback on a blog or individual blog post I can't see it directly from that blog/post. 

The feedback can only be viewed if I go and filter the notifications in Settings and click on the original link from the notification message. (I see that you can add a block to the dashboard in 1.3 that will help a little with feedback visibility).

Is there a designed-in reason why blog feedback can't be seen? I can't find guidance here or a relevant bug in the bug-tracker...

Any advice you can give would be great! Many thanks!

Vic

Account deleted

27 September 2010, 16:01

If you're looking at a view with a blog in it, and you click on the blog heading, you should be taken to another page (the 'artefact' page) with only the blog on it, and nothing else from the view.  This page shows the feedback that's been placed directly on the blog.

It has been fixed up little a bit in 1.3 - the view page itself displays the number of comments underneath every post, and you can click on that number to go to the artefact page, which will display the comments in full.

Account deleted

28 September 2010, 7:37

Thanks Richard!  That's a start... and it's good to see that feedback's a little more visible in 1.3...

3 results