Publish » enable

Subscribe » enable

SSO (Identity Provider)

Publish » enable

Subscribe » disable

SSO (Service Provider)

Publish » disable

Subscribe » enable

I am now able to use Mahara as a ePortfolio, ie, export (save) to Mahara as a file o zip file.

But I can not use Mahara as a repository, ie, it did not appear in Moodle plugins and file picker.

Any more ideias?

Thanks in advanced.

Lino

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

21 October 2010, 15:38

The Mahara repository stuff is not in Moodle 2, it's only available if you install a contributed plugin.  I haven't tried it myself, but I know Dan Marsden from these forums has had it up and running.

Account deleted

26 October 2010, 19:06

Hi Lino, Richard,

The latest version of the Mahara Repository plugin for Moodle is available here
http://cvs.moodle.org/contrib/plugins/repository/mahara/

but - there are some Moodle Core bugs that need to be fixed before it will install reliably - in my testing it didn't work when using it as part of a fresh moodle install, but if you have already installed moodle the upgrade sometimes works ok - I haven't had the chance to install it/look at it for a while so I'd be interested to hear how you went installing it!

Geoff Rowland's profile picture

29 November 2010, 16:14

Hi Dan

The Mahara  Repository plugin for Moodle has apparently just installed fine for me in the latest Moodle 2.0 release. Can now see Mahara repositories in the file picker menu.

However, I'm getting the following error when I select a Mahara repository

ERROR: Invalid JSON string

{"e":"Failed to retrieve file listing - The host moodle has either a version older than 2.0, either its Mahara Repository service hasn't been activated"}{"repo_id":7}

What do I need to do at the Mahara end to actvate the repository service?

Apologies if I am overlooking the obvious.

01 December 2010, 4:43

HI Geoff,

I also had such errors with other plugins in Moodle 2.0. I think the problem in on the Moodle side and you should report that in the Moodle's forum as well.

Cheers,

-dajan

Geoff Rowland's profile picture

05 December 2010, 6:58

Thanks Dajan

Yes, there is a relevant Moodle forum: http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=156003

and Moodle tracker entry: http://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL-21993

However, looks as though it may not be sorted 'til Moodle 2.1 Frown

In the meantime, I'll be happy to test any fixes, still in development, as the Mahara Repository for Moodle looks rather useful.

Account deleted

06 December 2010, 17:59

Hi Geoff - well done finding that bug - it's not an easy one to find in the tracker! - that's the main issue holding back inclusion in Moodle core, but it "should" be possible to get the plugin to install after you have installed 2.0

It's possible/probable that changes to the 2.0 code since I last looked have introduced another regression - hopefully someone will get a chance to look at the code and fix any new issues soon!

17 results