Forums | Mahara Community
Are there any issues with mahara/moodle networking with https
06 February 2009, 9:52 AM
I am networking a Moodle (1.9.3) and Mahara (1.0.9) on the same server, which is Apache with HTTPS or nothing (all non HTTP urls are rewritten to HTTPS by Apache).
Moodle will connect to Mahara, but not the other way around. The usual "check your URL, blah blah". Nothing in the logs despite full developer logging.
Ant thoughts before I investigate further?
06 February 2009, 10:52 AM
Ok, found it.....
It's exactly this: http://ademar.name/blog/2006/04/curl-ssl-certificate-problem-v.html
...and the solution suggested there fixes it. I wonder if there is an ongoing issue here. Interestingly I discovered this by checking the error returned after the curl_exec() call. No check for curl errors is made at all in api/xmlrpc/lib.php (get_public_key). This is a bit of a bug, as the error message returned here would have got me to the right place an hour ago if displayed in the UI.
06 February 2009, 11:46 AM
Nice profile pic btw :) although I'm not sure whether it, or the cat, is more representitive of reality...
Anyway - definitely agree about checking curl errors. Maybe https://eduforge.org/tracker/?func=detail&group_id=176&aid=2245&atid=739 should be reopened for this purpose?
Thanks for posting your debugging results publicly
06 February 2009, 12:28 PM
As you know the reality is far too dreadful to unleash on the unsuspecting world :-)
06 February 2009, 3:35 PMHmm.. I just googled the Reality - so now I can make my own decision too :)
06 February 2009, 5:05 PM
It can't be done.... I'm cleverley disguised as a company that makes clocks :-)
I'm one of these guys (the pub band I play bass in). Be afraid....
06 February 2009, 5:42 PM
I know which one you are -you can't escape your company info page :)
I on the other hand...
06 February 2009, 6:53 PM
"Mary Cooch MTC" in Google Images, perhaps?
It's been a long day.....
06 February 2009, 6:43 PMpfffft ;)
06 February 2009, 8:02 PM
Indeed - sounds like a bug.
We should definitely float the error up to the UI, though I'm not sure how we should fix the issue, given the problem is really with your cert.
Perhaps a config options, only settable in config.php, to switch between verification (the default), verification using the named .pem file, and no verification?