Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
1.3.0rc1 Institution Views not taking access permissions

Dirk Meyer's profile picture

04 September 2010, 23:31

As a site admin I created an institution view. I added some content. I allowed copying and also selected 'Copy for new institution members'. In the same screen, I added an institution admin as being allowed for viewing the view. So far so good.

After a new member has been confirrmed as belonging to that institution, the view copies over to the new institution member. This is confirmed by logging in as the new institution member.

However, the access permissions did not copy over...When logged in as the instutution member, for the copied institution view it says 'Only you can see this View'. This can be confirmed when logged in as the institution admin who has been granted access during the creation of the institution view. Logged in as an admin, and not masquerading, I can not see the members view either, only when masquerading as the member.

Access permissions seem to work properly when the instutition member grants access to the institution admin manually.

I am wondering if anyone else has come accross this behavior or if I am doing something wrong?

Its not a huge deal as we can always ask the kids to grant certain people access to the institution views manually which would of course be prone to errors and taking more time to manage.

Dirk Meyer's profile picture

05 September 2010, 1:18

I guess I am seeing this wrong? Is it that view permissions of a copied view are set to the default? It would be nice if one could set viewing access that would carry over once a view is copied.

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

05 September 2010, 17:30

Hi Dirk,

That's right, permissions are not copied along with views, the user who copies a view still needs to set permissions on their copy.

3 results