Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Problem installing Beta for Testing

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

05 February 2009, 12:21

I already have Mahara 1.0.9 successfully installed and thought I would try the new beta 1.1.0beta4 as a separate test installation. However, on install, I get the following error:

‘Mahara requires InnoDB tables. Please ensure InnoDB tables are enabled in your MySQL server.'

Here are the server details:

Shared Hosting
Linux CENTOS 3.9
PHP Version 5.2.8
All necessary extensions installed
MySQL 5.0.67

Does anybody have any ideas or suggestions please?

Ian

Account deleted

05 February 2009, 18:18

Your shared host has disabled the creation of InnoDB tables. Mahara needs these for transaction support. While we didn't enforce it in 1.0, we've started enforcing it in 1.1.

You will probably have to contact your host and get them to allow the creation of tables of type InnoDB.

Account deleted

06 February 2009, 7:51

Thanks for the reply Nigel.

Unfortunately my host will not allow the creation of InnoDB tables. I considered changing host, but after much searching around it seems that most seem to restrict their use. I wonder if this could be a stumbling block for the future promotion of Mahara - I don't know?

In the mean time I'll setup a local server and do my testing on that. Final usage will be within a further education college where we have access to our own dedicated servers, so InnoDB table creation will not be a problem.

Regards,

Ian

Account deleted

06 February 2009, 19:51

It will perhaps be a stumbling block for uptake of Mahara - on shared hosting. There's plenty of good VPS hosting out there for a small fee per month, and institutions will always be able to get around this issue. Not to mention that some hosts provide postgresql support too.

4 results