Forums | Mahara Translation

Translations /
Why the automatic script is still giving errors?

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

12 August 2010, 9:17

Hello, It has drawn my attention the fact that at http://langpacks.dev.mahara.org/ , the spanish language package for the version 1.2 is still given errors despited Iñaki fixing them in his last commit. Could you advise about why it this happening? Does it mean that the utf8 error have not been properly fixed? Regards
Account deleted

12 August 2010, 17:42

Hi Mari,

Yes, it thinks there are still utf8 errors in those 2 help files mentioned there (but only in the 1.2 stable branch).

The stuff in the diff file can be fixed up by going into langconfig.php, removing those bits that say

if (strtoupper(substr(PHP_OS, 0, 3)) === 'WIN') {
     setlocale(LC_TIME, 'spanish');
} else {
     setlocale(LC_TIME, 'es_ES.UTF-8');
}

adding replacing them with something like this:

$string['locales'] = 'es_ES.UTF-8,spanish';
Account deleted

13 August 2010, 9:11

Hi Richard, I have re-written the special Spanish characters in the two spotted files using Kate. I believe that Kate is a UTF-compliant editor and therefore, the problem should be fixed now. I have also changed the code in the langconfig file by the line you suggested, so the Spanish language package shouldn t give any more compilation errors. Regards
Account deleted

14 August 2010, 7:26

Hi Mari,

Sorry about that, and thanks for fixing up the files.  Strangely there was an entire extra /es.utf8 directory sitting around in there (left over from an older version perhaps?) so the whole language pack was inside the tarball twice!  I don't know how that happened, but I deleted everything to force it to regenerate itself again and it seems to be fine now.

Thanks again,

R.

Account deleted

16 August 2010, 6:57

I think that Iñaki mentioned this problem in one of his commits, but never mind, it 's sorted now. Thank you, Richard.
5 results