Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
no option to add blog to views

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

09 August 2010, 19:00

When working with views, I do not have the option to add blogs or blog posts. The tab doesn't show up. The first tab I see is for embedded media. I have created several blogs and we have the blog plug-in enabled.

I am able to add blogs on the demo site, just not on our installation.

I can't find anything in the admin area that looks obvious. Is this possibly a version issue?

I don't know which version of Mahara we are using and havne't been able to figure out how to find that out. The person who installed it for us is away on holidays.

Has anyone run into this before? So far my forum searches have turned up nothing.
Any help/advice much appreciated.

Terri

Craig Eves's profile picture

12 August 2010, 18:26

Hi Terri

Assuming you are a Site Administrator - you should be able to go into

Site Administration > Administer Extensions > Plugin Administration

check that the blog plugins are installed - if they are the problem could be a browser incompatibility - try a different browser such as Firefox to check this.

The version of mahara should appear in the footer of the site admin page - to get further information about your mahara environment click on the data that will be sent link.

version 1.3 of mahara will also have more detailed stats including graphs.

regards

Craig

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

13 August 2010, 8:40

Thank you so much Craig. 

The blog plug-in was installed, but the  [blogpost] and [blogrecentpost]were not.  And, I now know that we are running version 1.2..3.

Terri

3 results