Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
2 embedding questions

Mary Cooch's profile picture

31 January 2009, 9:09

I am practising making some nice views and I'd like to know please (Mahara 1.07)

1. I embedded an mp3 file but the player it came up in was like a video player -in Moodle I am used to a different type of player for audio - is this correct or have I done something wrong?
  2. I wanted to embed some code into the html of the text (general) option -shockwave flash( a Soundslides type movie we use a lot at our place) but it didnt work. What is the reason please? Is this my settings, a Soundslides issue, or can I not do this?  thanks :)

31 January 2009, 9:21

I tried to embed the code from a Voki (which is also popular at our place) but that didn't work either.  I'd like to know really whether these issues are a) my doing it wrong b) my set up of Mahara or c) Mahara not allowing it. Thanks. I'm part of a Mahara 1.0 trial and I will test on that now.
Sigi's profile picture

31 January 2009, 18:23

Hi Mary,  I just embedded a Voki in my view (you can access it in this MAhara) ... it works fine.. i doesn't show firts place but after saving it is displayed without problems... also tried it out with autorstream slides...   have a look yourself.... I really love this new feature and can't wait to get the update. Or did I misunderstand you and you were talking of older versions?

31 January 2009, 20:10

Hi Sigi. Ok So the issue must be with my older version of Mahara then-thanks for that.
Heinz Krettek's profile picture

31 January 2009, 13:45

Hi Mary,

the html things you mention are restricted be a html_purifier. so where is with the actual code no way to use them in Mahara.

I would file a feature request and see if the developers see a path to integrate them into Mahara.

HTH Heinz

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

31 January 2009, 17:36

Hi - the issue is with Mahara's HTML filter. It's very good Wink.

We have developed at least a partial solution for Mahara 1.1, although it will need tweaking over time. The solution won't be backported to 1.0, so at the very least you will have to upgrade to 1.1 when it's released (not that this should cause any downsides).

It will probably require a few point releases of 1.1 until we get it right, but hopefully you should be able to embed all of these things in time.

As for the mp3 player - sounds like it's an issue with how the file type was detected, although it's hard to tell without a copy of the file to play with.

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

31 January 2009, 22:55

Mary filed a feature request for this, and there's some interesting discussion going on there.
7 results